Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rumour has it....


I have it on good authority that a staircase is being installed in my house in France as I write!! The photo above is not THE staircase but the photo I sent to the carpenter to give him an idea of the kind of thing I was hoping for.

This development is so damn exciting, it is truly scary. The word is it should be fully installed by next week. When we were there I kept saying to hubby, I feel I need to have a good look at everything because...hopefully....I won't see them this way again. Looks like I was right. I know it is hard, but try and contain yourselves....photos to follow shortly. Then you can see if I did get what I was hoping for. The joys of part-time long distance renovating.

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

It must be frustrating to be so far away.
The word ver. is GRITUM ....... so I would say, thats just what you have to do....... grit your teeth!

Will look lovely when you get to see it.

Nuts in May

Irene said...

My word verification is profies, as in proficiat, which means, congratulations. That must be for your new staircase. I bet it's going to be great.

Kim Chandler said...

Thanks ladies - what positive vibes - have a good weekend.
word ver. for me is "moniessi" - yeh the staircase wasn't cheap! :)

Roz said...

It's coming along brilliantly - I hope your staircase looks wonderful. We look to be at a similar stage of renovation as you, but I think you are far more sensible not living in it as the work continues!

softinthehead said...

Roz I just wish I could be there, it was frustrating to miss the installation by a couple of weeks. But we will back in July - can't wait. Good luck with yours too, it doesn't help when your contractor leaves for a few weeks :)