Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Countdown

Sorry to be so slack in the blogging but had a hectic couple of weeks. As I said in my last post, I gave my notice in for my part time job and have been going as full tilt as possible at the real estate and now have a couple of listings bubbling under so that is a positive result of my decision.

My dad has been with us for the last week over Easter. He lives in San Francisco so we don't get to see him often enough, it was great to spend the time with him. He experienced gorgeous unseasonable weather here, yes it is still with us, much nicer than the wet Easter weekend that was forecast for San Francisco. Saturday and Sunday were particularly lovely, temperatures in the mid-20's, much sitting out on patios soaking up the sunshine. We went downtown Toronto on Saturday to watch daughter and son-in-law do their 8k run, taking our granddaughter with us. This was a first for SIL so he was thrilled that he achieved is goal "not to throw up"!! Well done to both of them.

So now it is the countdown to our trip to France. Still quite a bit to do before we set off on Friday. Such as buy travel insurance, pick up euros, do taxes (!) eek, pack, in and around that, clean the house, leave enough food for youngest son who we are trusting to stay behind and take care of the dog ....and himself.

I hope to report back the other side of the holiday with lots of photos. A bientot!

5 comments:

auntiegwen said...

Oh I wish I was fit enough for an 8 k run, I'm afraid an 8 minute run is about all I could muster at the moment!! It's been so hard getting into it after the winter

aims said...

Glad you are busy and now it's time for France once more. So very exciting SITH! Have fun!

Maggie May said...

Lovely photo.
Excitement about the oncoming trip. Hope you enjoy it.
Wish I could do even a 1K run!

Nuts in May

The Duchess said...

Hope you have a great trip to France! Can't wait to hear all about it. You should have some lovely weather this weekend, too. Bon voyage!

softinthehead said...

Thanks ladies for all your good wishes.