Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A glimpse of my world


To think just a few posts ago I was bemoaning the fact that fall had arrived, well make that fall is leaving. It is a glorious day here in Southern Ontario, but the thermometer on my deck says it is 5 degrees centigrade out there, at midday in the aforesaid glorious sunshine! There has been talk of "flurries" - yuk!!!

Anyway I took the hint and headed outside to clear out the pots, dig out the now goey bedding plants (we have had a fairly heavy frost the last few mornings) and brought my geraniums inside. In an attempt to pretend that I am prepared for the impending winter I have placed my geraniums in a sunny spot in the hope they will cheer me up through the next 5 to 6 months (yes you heard me right - that's how long winter lasts around here).

I thought I would just show you a glimpse of my sunny kitchen - not the most dust-free place in the world but hey, life's too short for dusting. I've shown you mine, why don't you show me yours, I'm not kidding, believe me - I am nosey.

BTW if you are wondering what the strange green glass "thing" on the right hand side of the sill is, it is a wasp catcher. My Mum bought it for me when she was here and we intend to put it to good use next summer.

2 comments:

Mean Mom said...

That's a lovely photo! It looks so inviting.

There is no way I am showing anyone what my kitchen looks like at the moment! It is falling apart, but there is no chance of a new one, until student son has finished university. Sigh.

® ♫ The Brit ♪ ® said...

Hi softinthehead!
what a wonderfully warm and inviting kitchen! and I love that beautiful table and chairs!
Until I move house my kitchen fades in comparison to your's, so I wouldn't think of shaming myself by posting a photo! haha
Take care!