Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day

I had a lovely day on Saturday. My daughter's gift to me was a day out at Niagara on the Lake, a very pretty little town on Lake Ontario down near Niagara Falls. The Niagara Peninsular is a little micro climate and it was quite a bit milder down there. It was a gorgeous day and all the gardens, orchards and vineyards were all a little further on than here, it is only 40 minutes from where we live. We had tickets to the B & B open house tour so we spent the afternoon wandering around the back streets, peering into people's gardens and going through some beautiful heritage properties. About half way round we were gasping so made our way back to the main street and sat down in a little cafe and had afternoon tea! Cucumber sandwiches, scones and cream and pastries and we scoffed the lot! A truly lovely day, the tulips in particular were everywhere and spectacular.

On Sunday my youngest son gave me some seeds to plant, but the weather was altogether different, grey and quite chilly and later on rain. So I will sew those out later in the week.
Even older son remembered to call me from Banff to wish me Happy Mother's Day. All in all a lovely weekend for this mum.

11 comments:

Daffodilly said...

Beautiful photo.

Breezy said...

Sounds like a lovely day out. Those tulips express it very well

Mean Mom said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. Love the tulips picture and the previous garden picture, with the lovely statue.

Mya said...

You lucky Mom!
I'm having mine this weekend - yes, the French (typically) have to do things differently - Fetes de Meres is next Dimanche - and my five year old has already revealed I am going to get a surprise. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

Mya x

aims said...

In Argentina they have mothers day during our fall! Screwed up isn't it? I heard that countries decide when it is in accordance with spring!

Glad you had a good one. Not being a mom - I watched basketball all day.

Carolyn said...

Lovely photo of the tulips. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day and what good boys you have!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Sounds like you had a typically Englisg day what with cucumber sandwiches and scones! A very genteel way to pass an afternoon. Sounds just lovely.

Maggie May said...

You must have had a lovely time with all the treats! England had mother's Day back in March!
Love the tulips.

Georgina said...

Hi SITH, you had lovely weather that's great. Why come to France we've had nothing but bloody rain her. Glad you had a good day though. Debs x

Carolyn said...

Thanks for your recent comments - and you were SO right! When I'm in the moment and just enjoying life, I'm actually happy. Thanks.

Debra in France said...

What a wonderful day out. Your photos are lovey. Debra x