Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring in Suburbia?



Since my last post and all that snow, "spring" has seemingly arrived. I live in Quebec in Canada now and this is unheard of at this time of year so we are all assuming this is just a blip and trying hard not to get too excited. Although it was 26 degrees C yesterday and today.


So the gardener in me couldn't miss the opportunity to get out there and tidy up. Above are pictures of my current garden here in suburbia - a bit of a blank canvas but backing onto the woods. I think a container garden is required, one that can move with me to the next location - wherever that may be - we are not planning on removing ourselves too far but this is just a rental at the moment.

Tomorrow however we off for a week in France and I cannot wait to be sitting in this garden instead. I am hoping the weather will cooperate and then try not to be too sad when I have to return to Canada, to the work/shopping involved in the new garden project.


3 comments:

Maggie May said...

Two very different places to live. Two very different gardens.
You seem to be getting the best of both worlds!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

softinthehead said...

I know Maggie - I should not complain. Enjoying absolutely gorgeous weather here in France this week pottering around tidying up the garden.

aims said...

Well SITH - I've often wondered what is happening with you and your quest to move to France and the work you've done on your house over there.

How do you like living in Quebec?

My uncle and his family lived in St. Michelle de Saints for a long time - No running water, electricity, plumbing.....It was still like that when they finally moved to Alberta some 12 years later .....!