Thursday, September 9, 2010

Running Around in Circles

Yes, this is where we will live!
I know I promised photos and I have been very slow to oblige but I feel like I am running around like an idiot. When in actual fact it is just my brain cells that are on overload. So here are a few more photos of our wonderful holiday, it is very hard to believe this is now to be our life!
Some interesting rooflines on the Chateau at Le Blanc
As you can imagine there are a 101 things to organise, sell, pack, many lists have been made. Hubby is off to France this weekend to start work in Toulouse next Monday. Our youngest son has moved into residence and college and seems to be settling in well and his room-mate is a pleasant young man from Indonesia studying International Business. It is very strange to think that our youngest might never live at "home" again. Very tough :(
Eldest son meets the newest member of the family!
So down to the actual logistics of getting us, that is, me, the dog, car and all our stuff over the Atlantic. The dog has been stressing me out, he is a large labrador, so needs the largest pet carrier, and the thought of getting to, being at, and getting from the airport with him, carrier and luggage is daunting.
Holiday fun in rural France
Youngest son will assist me this end, and eldest son has kindly agreed to fly to Paris from London to meet me and help me get from the airport down to the house (4+ hours south of Paris) while jet lagged. The added bonus of course being this means we will be seeing him again very soon.

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

The doggie problem is a real one but I dare say that others have done the same. Maybe you can get information about such things from the internet.
It must be a nightmare getting it all organised but think of the lovely life when you do eventually get there.The house looks lovely.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Diane said...

I really do not envy you but I am sure it will all work out well in the end. What a bonus having your son fly to Paris to help you. Take care and don't over do it. Diane

Irene said...

I'm sure it will all work out, so don't do too much fretting ahead of time. Your son will be there to help you. Think of it as an adventure and you are the leading character. The Star!