Friday, July 24, 2009

The Generation Game


It is just two weeks, one day until my daughter's baby is due.  It has come round so quickly and we are all very excited.  I have been busy at my sewing machine helping her to make custom bedding as she didn't particularly like the ones in the stores, either too gender specific or too cutesy.

I have made a roman blind for the nursery and made cushions for the rocking chair. Tomorrow morning I will go over to their house to help put up the blind and put the room to rights.

It is really hard to believe that my baby girl is about to have a baby.  It has brought up lots of memories as you can imagine.  Here are a couple of shots of the mother-to-be.



5 comments:

Maggie May said...

Aw......... she was gorgeous and I a sure she still is, but in a different way! LOL
Your green/yellow cushions & blind on a rocking chair, made me think of my first grandchild when he was first born, as his room looked very similar (colourwise) though it was very small. Rocking chair was a feature though.
Very wonderful to be able to hold your little grandchild in your arms for the first time! Makes me go all gooey just thinking of it.
Not long to wait now!

Debra in France said...

Hi Kim, I bet you can't wait. We are all waiting to see your first grandchild as well. She was a gorgeous baby and her baby will be just as gorgeous. Enjoy these last couple of weeks, and let us all know as soon as their is any news! I love the fabric on the chair and blind, very fresh.

The wife of bold said...

AHH cute pics but i bet she's cringing ha! So exciting for you bet your thrilled, hope everything goes great and enjoy your precious new grandchild :)

Selina Kingston said...

Just found your blog and really like it. Your daughter was a gorgeous baby and your grandchild will be too. I'll never forget my dad's face when he saw my daughter for the first time. It's all very special - do enjoy it
Selina

softinthehead said...

Thanks Maggie - yes it is very exciting.
Debra - she was a cute little girl, who knew she would turn into a nightmare teenager, and now and excited mother-to-be!
WOB (!) thanks for your good wishes
Selina thanks for dropping by, I will repay the favour :)